Whether you’re preparing food, snacking, chatting, or doing homework, the kitchen is the central hub of the home. It’s no surprise that many homeowners want to modernize this area! If you’re planning a renovation, you may be wondering, “how much does a kitchen remodel cost in Los Angeles?” While this is a difficult question to answer, this blog will go over some of the places your budget will go and the price ranges for different renovations. We’ve broken it down into three categories: basic, moderate, and luxury.
In general, kitchen remodels in Los Angeles will cost between $30,000 – $100,000+, depending on many different factors. For the majority of Los Angeles homeowners, the range is more like $45,000 – $75,000. Don’t be swayed by the cost; kitchen remodels are always well worth it in the end!
Before You Start
You want to make sure you go with a great contractor. Keeping open and consistent communication will help your renovation stay within budget. Good contractors will keep your kitchen’s design on track even with budget restrictions. They’ll be able to find the best material available within your price range. A professional contractor is also critical because they will ensure you have all the proper permits and that the work is done correctly. You don’t want to run into any problems down the road! Before we dive into the three types of remodels, here are some of the common factors that determine the overall price:
- Countertops & tile backsplash
- Size of kitchen
- Possible reconfiguration of the kitchen
- Materials used
Basic Kitchen Remodel
This type of remodeling doesn’t mean the changes are going to be unnoticeable or simple. For a basic kitchen remodel in Los Angeles, the cost will be about $35,000-$45,000. Here are some of the characteristics of the remodel:
- Retain the same kitchen structure: Keep the appliances, fixtures, cabinets, and counters all in place. There may be small changes in the electrical and plumbing.
- Update basic appliances: We won’t add on new built-in appliances but will update previous ones like the fridge and oven.
- Refinish existing cabinets: Reusing your existing cabinets is a great way to keep your costs low. By refinishing them or adding glass will make them look brand new at minimal cost!
- Countertops: Laminate, ceramic tile, and affordable granite are great options.
- Flooring: Your flooring will have a significant effect on the overall look and feel of your kitchen. Whether you want vinyl, tile, or something else, we can help help you find the best choice for your budget!
Moderate Kitchen Remodel
These types of remodels will alter your kitchen layout, giving you more room to add features like kitchen islands or new appliances. You can expect moderate kitchen remodels in Los Angeles to cost around $55,000-$90,000. Here are some of the characteristics of the remodel:
- Reshape the kitchen structure: Your current kitchen will be gutted out to make room for a spacious area with new appliances and features. In this case, we will change electrical and plumbing to accommodate new appliances.
- Add a custom island: Every kitchen looks great with an island! They add additional seating, more room for appliances, and create a focal point in the kitchen.
- New Appliances: Whether you want a built-in fridge, cooktop with griddle, or something else, we’ll help bring out the inner chef in you!
- Flooring: Adding new tile, wood, or stone flooring will tie your kitchen together and create an improved look.
- Updated cabinets: updating your cabinets with new styles and colors will make your kitchen look and function entirely different. You can create new storage areas that you didn’t have before to store your small appliances.
- Stone countertops and backsplash: Quartz or granite countertops will be a little more expensive, but they play one of the biggest factors in your kitchen’s design. Stone is also incredibly durable, so while it’s more expensive upfront, you won’t need to replace it in the future.
Luxury Kitchen Remodel
These types of remodels will include everything you’ve dreamed of in your kitchen. A luxury kitchen remodel in Los Angeles will cost you $115,000 and up. While they are the most expensive, they are well worth it. Here are some of the characteristics of the remodel:
- Reshape the kitchen structure: Like the previous one, your entire kitchen will be gutted out to increase space. We will change your electrical and plumbing system to accommodate new appliances.
- New Appliances: From a built-in coffee maker or juicer, we can install whatever equipment your heart desires!
- Architecture Changes: We can change the architectural details such as crown moldings, new windows, tall ceilings, and so on.
- Custom cabinets: We will completely redesign your cabinets to create beautiful and functional storage space. Custom cabinets tend to be higher-quality as well. They look better, age better, and have a higher quality of craftsmanship.
- Add the best accessories and materials: Your options are endless! Choose your favorite type of counters, flooring, fixtures, lighting, and more!
- Countertops and backsplash: Your backsplash draws attention to the kitchen and makes a bold statement. Adding marble or granite countertops will elevate your kitchen to the next level and create a luxurious environment.
- Details: You can add all the finishing touches to complete your kitchen remodel and tie the room together. Add custom faucets, cabinet knobs/pulls, sinks, pendant lights, and more!
We hope our article helped answer the question, “how much does a kitchen remodel cost in Los Angeles?” While it’s difficult to come up with a specific number without understanding your unique needs and ideas, this should help give you a general idea. If you’re ready to take that first step towards the kitchen of your dream, we offer a free initial consultation with one of our specialists. We’ll go over your plans, budget, and current kitchen layout. You can schedule your consultation by phone at (310) 356-0024 or schedule it directly on our website.